Please take time to review their answers and then consider casting your vote on November 8 for candidates whose answers reflect that they will work hard to support and defend state employees and the services you provide.
Here’s the list of questions candidates were asked:
- Should the work of State government be performed by State employees?
- As an elected official, how would you improve the overall safety of state employees?
- What is your plan to make the health care system more fair and equitable for working Vermonters?
- Will you support collective bargaining and vote against "Right to Work" legislation in any form?
- What do you see as the role of State employees and how would you support them in their role?
- What mechanisms would you put in place to avoid budget shortfalls?
- What approach would you take to make higher education more affordable for Vermonters?
- What would you do to ensure the viability of the state college system?
- Do you support a livable wage for Vermonters? If so, what do you think that amount should be?
- Briefly state why the VSEA should endorse you, and describe the type of assistance that you would be seeking from a VSEA endorsement.
Sara Branon Kittell
Vermont House of Representatives
Marcia Lawrence Gardner
Orange – Caledonia
Stay Up To Date!