(a) The General Assembly finds that U. S. Center For Disease Control Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends that, when supplies of COVID-19 vaccine are limited, vaccination should be offered in a phased approach. Implementation of the guidelines is left to the several states
(b) Notwithstanding any emergency order, protocol or directive to the contrary, the secretary of administration, the court administrator’s office, the chancellor of the Vermont State Colleges Corporation, the executive director of the Vermont Housing Authority, the executive director of the Department of State’s Attorneys and Sheriffs shall within five days of the effective date of this Act define the following frontline essential workers as the subset of essential workers likely at greatest risk for work-related exposure to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, because their work-related duties must be performed onsite and their duties involve being in close proximity (<6 feet) to the public or coworkers, and direct that the following workers be prioritized for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and authorize receipt of same at the earliest possible opportunity:
(1) correctional officers, any employee who works within a correctional facility, community correctional officers, probation officers, community service team leaders and work crew leaders employed by the Department of Corrections
(2) family service workers, social workers, case workers and investigators employed by the Department for Children and Families;
(3) employees of the Vermont Judiciary, the Vermont State Colleges Corporation and the Vermont Housing Authority whose work-related duties must be performed onsite and their duties involve being in close proximity (<6 feet) to the public or coworkers;
(4) lieutenants dispatchers and E911 call takers at public safety answering points of the Vermont State Police Division of the Department of Public Safety; and
(5) any other state employee whose work-related duties must be performed onsite and their duties involve being in close proximity (<6 feet) to the public or coworkers.