September 14, 2017
September 14, 2017
Teachers belonging to the Burlington Education Association are on strike, and here’s how VSEA members can help:
- Burlington residents should contact their school board member immediately and call for a fair settlement. Contact information can be found at www.bsdvt.org.
- Join a picket line at all Burlington schools from 7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. week days, for the duration of the strike. If you are able, please join us and make a sign indicating where you are from to show solidarity. We will have extra picket signs as well. We will have an end-of-the-day picket for all teaches and supporters starting by 3:00 p.m. Check for latest times and locations each day at www.beaworks.com.
- Donate to the Strike Fund to support the BEA. Please go to www.beaworks.com and make a donation to help support the striking teachers. Checks may be made payable to Burlington Education Association and mailed to BEA Strike Fund, c/o Vermont-NEA, 10 Wheelock St., Montpelier, VT 05602. Your union/organization may also consider fully or partially sponsoring coffee or lunch for strikers (ex: adopt a school) by indicating so via email or by calling Emma Mulvaney-Stanak, Vermont-NEA Organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-310-0781.
- Visit BEA HQ and/or donate food in-person. The BEA HQ is located at 294 N. Winooski Ave, Suite #125, in the Old North End. Healthy snacks and bottled water are particularly helpful!
- Volunteer. BEA may have volunteer opportunities while on strike that support the most vulnerable kids such as helping make food or deliver food during the strike when school food service programs are unavailable. For more information on this, please contact Emma at email@example.com.
- Send words of support to the membership firstname.lastname@example.org and directly to President Fran Brock at email@example.com.
- Share this "Support BEA Teachers" image or set it as your Facebook profile picture to show solidarity.
Remember: A Wrong To One Is A Wrong To All!
Stay Up To Date!