August 21, 2015
Scope of work:
This position works under the supervision of the VSEA Legislative Director. This position is responsible for all aspects of legislative activities under the direction of the Director. This position oversees monitoring of assigned legislative issues. The Legislative Specialist works to ensure the completion of all legislative drafting, reports, and other documents necessary to VSEA’s lobbying and political activities.
Job Duties will include:
- Assisting the VSEA Legislative Committee in the development of the union’s legislative priorities;
- Coordinating the lobbying and/or testifying activates of VSEA staff and members;
- Assisting the VSEA Legislative Committee and members in executing the unions legislative priorities thorough lobbying efforts;
- Testifying before legislative committees and at public hearings on VSEA’s issues;
- Developing excellent working relationships with member leaders as well as rank-and-file members in order to assist members in their union’s legislative advocacy;
- Researching legislative issues and preparing legislative reports as necessary;
- Working with VSEA’s communications team to assist with political and legislative messaging;
- Coordinating necessary action on proposed legislation;
- Collaborating with other unions and coalitions on legislation impacting VSEA members; and
- Coordinating VSEA’s political action and campaign support.
Experience working with government, legislature, political campaigns or labor unions. Demonstrated experience building consensus and working relationships with a wide variety of persons and organizations. Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication. Knowledge and understanding of the State of Vermont’s political landscape. Campaign experience is a requirement.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
VSEA, c/o Operations Director Ray Stout
155 State Street
You can also send electronically to email@example.com.
Stay Up To Date!