CONTRACT DURATION: ALL UNITS
- Two-year contract effective July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022
WAGES AND STEPS: ALL UNITS
- July 2020 – Lump Sum Payment of $1,400 per employee + Step increases
- July 2021 – Wage increase of 2.25% per hour + Step increases
HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS: All UNITS
SELECT CARE HEALTH PLAN ONLY
- Commencing on January 1, 2021, there will be a maximum out-of-pocket limit on medical co-payments of $1,500 for a single person coverage or $3,000 for a two person or family coverage
- Medical co-payments for Office Visits, Emergency Room, and MRI count toward maximum limit
VSEA RIGHTS & LEAVE TIME: ALL UNITS
- Paid leave time for each Steward to attend four VSEA training sessions per year
WEEKEND SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL: ALL UNITS
- Non-Management Unit – Increase from $.40 per hour to $.75 per hour
- Corrections Unit & Supervisory Unit – Increase from $.50 per hour to $.75 per hour
SPECIAL TEAM ALLOWANCE: ALL UNITS
- Special Team Allowance payments will increase to $500 per year or $750 for team Commanders.
PARENTAL LEAVE/FAMILY LEAVE: ALL UNITS
- July 1, 2020, at the employee’s option, any accrued paid leave can be used during the full 12 weeks of Parental Leave or Family Leave
EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION: ALL UNITS
- DHR shall furnish the VSEA with monthly reports of all temporary employees
INJURY ON THE JOB: ALL UNITS
- An employee who is unable to work due to a tick-borne illness relating to the performance of a State job will be paid the difference between basic salary and Workers’ Compensation
ELECTRONIC MONITORING SYSTEMS: ALL UNITS
- Identifies that electronic monitoring systems and technologies are utilized and monitoring of employees limited to legitimate operational/business purposes
- State will provide notice to impacted employees of non-public electronic monitoring systems in their workplace and State owned, leased or provided vehicles
- State will provide 30 days’ notice to VSEA of any new technology that may impact terms and conditions of employment. VSEA can request to bargain the impact of the State’s decision
- State may use data as part of a disciplinary investigation into potential misconduct or to discipline employees pertaining to performance of job duties or compliance with duties, State statute, Rules and Regulations, and Policies and Procedures
CLOTHING FOR DEC EMPLOYEES (NMU & SUPERVISORY ONLY):
- The Department of Environmental Conservation will provide to employees working in specified classifications that require safety footwear and perform six or more field inspections in a fiscal year, one pair of safety footwear not to exceed $150.
AOT GARAGES – ALTERNATE WORK SCHEDULES (NMU ONLY)
- Employees working in AOT garages may be authorized by management to work an alternate work schedule of 4 ten-hour days if the individual garage has a simple majority of employees that vote for the alternate schedule.
PESTICIDE APPLICATION DIFFERENTIAL (NMU & SUPERVISORY UNIT ONLY)
- Per diem increases from $30 to $50, when engaged in that activity.
COMMUNICATION TECHNICIAN DIFFERENTIAL (NMU ONLY)
- Per diem increases from $30 to $50, when required to climb in excess of 35 feet.
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT (NMU & SUPERVISORY UNIT ONLY)
- Application date for Tuition Reimbursement changes from date submitted to received by DHR.
- Applications submitted by email in addition to postal mail.
TRANSPORTATION RESIDENT ENGINEER ALLOWANCE (NMU ONLY)
- Employees shall be eligible to receive payment of $1.375 per hour for 80 hours per pay period instead of the current lump sum compensation.
STANDBY/PAGER PAY (NMU ONLY & CORRECTIONS UNIT ONLY)
- Cap of $3000 per fiscal year, per employee shall increase to a cap of $10,000
PERSONAL LEAVE (CORRECTIONS UNIT ONLY)
- Corrections Unit employees will have the option of 12 hours cash or 10 hours of personal leave time when personal leave is earned.
SHIFT BIDDING (CORRECTIONS UNIT ONLY)
- Correctional Officer I with more than 18 months seniority will be eligible for shift bidding.
OVERTIME – COMPENSATORY TIME (CORRECTIONS UNIT ONLY)
- Compensatory time minimum accrual per employee shall increase from a rolling 24 hours to a rolling 40 hours.
EMERGENCY CLOSING COMPENSATION (CORRECTIONS UNIT ONLY)
- Employees will receive cash compensation at straight time rates for hours worked during emergency closings, instead of compensatory time.
CLOTHING FOR DOC EMPLOYEES (SUPERVISORY UNIT ONLY)
- Non-fitted ballistic vests shall be made available to Department of Corrections Supervisors working in Correctional Facilities who are required to conduct transports.
SPECIAL TEAMS ALLOWANCE FOR DPS EMPLOYEES (SUPERVISORY UNIT ONLY)
- Supervisory Unit employees, except for VSP Lieutenants, who are assigned and serve on Department of Public Safety specified specials teams shall receive special team allowance.
AIRPORT FIREFIGHTER SUPERVISORS OVERTIME (SUPERVISORY UNIT ONLY)
- Remove Article 65 language and replace with current side-letter on overtime compensation for AFF Supervisors.
VSEA Director of Labor Relations
Do you have any questions?
View 2019 negotiation notes archive here (Log-in Required):
- October 18, 2019
- October 11, 2019
- October 4, 2019
- September 27, 2019
- September 20, 2019
- September 6, 2019
- August 30, 2019
- August 9, 2019