In the weeks leading up to Vermont’s November 6 general election, VSEA Legislative Committee members, HQ staff and retirees will be soliciting for members and retirees who want to volunteer some time to assist candidates who have received VSEA’s endorsement and who deserve our support.
There are many ways for you to participate in VSEA’s Campaign 2018 activities, including:
- Participate in a VSEA- or candidate-sponsored phone bank;
- Participate in a VSEA- or candidate-sponsored honk-and-wave;
- Participate in a VSEA- or candidate-sponsored door-to-door
- Participate in a VSEA- or candidate-sponsored candidate(s) rally;
- Educate your family, friends and colleagues about the candidate and his/her positions on issues important to VSEA members;
- March with a candidate in a parade;
- Volunteer to help at a candidate’s headquarters (if applicable) with things like answering phones, filing, assembling educational
- Put a yard sign in your yard, or help the candidate distribute signs in your area;
- Host a candidate house party;
- Drive voters to the polls on Election Day;
- Pen a letter to the editor in support of VSEA-endorsed candidate(s); and
- Make a monetary contribution to a candidate(s).
If you would be interested in volunteering some time to help your union’s campaign 2018 efforts, please contact VSEA Organizing Director Ray Stout by email (email@example.com), or by phone at 802-223-5247.
IMPORTANT!! In order to keep members and retirees as up to date as possible on all VSEA’s Campaign 2018 activities, VSEA must have your updated HOME email address. VSEA cannot send emails of a political nature, such as campaign announcements about the union’s endorsed candidates, to state email addresses. If you are unsure, or don’t remember ever providing VSEA with your most up-to-date home email, please take time today to submit your name and home email address to VSEA@VSEA.org (please write “Home Email” in the subject space).
Stay Up To Date!