Committee Chair: Rebecca Trower, email@example.com
VSEA Staff Liaison: Amy Kinsell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Members Serving On Committee:
- Peggy Bosley
- Erin Canniff
- Wendy Critchlow
- Veronica Golden
- Bob Hooper
- Dana LaPlante
- Kate Marchant
- Erin McKenney
- Martin McMahon
- Jason Rushlow
- Melissa Walsh
- William Wells
The committee will meet in accordance with the schedule established by the President.
Requests for changes to the schedule, or additional meetings, must be approved by the President.
- Work with the VSEA Organizer/Trainer to compile lists of agency fee payers and non-members by: (1) departments (2) chapters and (3) unit. Utilizing those lists, the MRC will divide up the lists into manageable “contact” size, and then will assign one activist in the same departments, chapters and units as the potential recruit, the task of making personal contact (phone or in-person) with the agency fee payer or non-member. The MRC will provide each “activist recruiter” with a script and materials.
- The committee will set up a system to ensure that the contact(s) were made by the assigned recruiter, who will report back to the MRC at set intervals.
- The committee will work with the VSEA Organizer/Trainer to compile a bi-monthly list of new hires by: (1) departments (2) chapters and (3) unit. The MRC will assign one VSEA activist to make an in-person contact(s) with the new hire for the purpose of greeting, sharing VSEA information and recruiting the new hire. The MRC will provide each “activist recruiter” with a script and materials.
- The committee will set up a system to ensure that the contact(s) were made by the assigned recruiter. The follow up reporter will report back to the MRC at set intervals.
- The committee will take the bi-monthly list of new members and assign one activist from the new members’ chapter (utilizing the chapter activist list), to make a personal contact (phone or in-person) to welcome that person to VSEA.
- As finances permit, activist will be provided a new member ‘gift’, such as a VSEA mug, t-shirt, or other, to express the union’s appreciation for their new membership. All persons who serve as recruiters or follow up reporters will be eligible for membership recruitment prize drawings each council meeting. The MRC Chair will ensure that all these names are entered into the drawing before each council meeting.
The committee will assist in the review, design, and ordering of membership recruitment materials. The MRC shall schedule and ensure activists will staff regional VSEA Advantage Day events. The MRC may also submit proposals for VSEA to participate in other events such as charity events such as blood drives, food banks, etc.
Questions About This Page?
Please email email@example.com.