|Every VSEA Corrections Unit leadership position is up for election in 2022. This is your opportunity to help your DOC colleagues on the frontlines by getting involved and working with other Corrections activists to make a difference and make your voices heard. To run for election to one or more of these positions, please complete the official self-nomination form at the end of this email.
- Executive Committee Member (1 per Facility, 1 per P&P Geographic Region*) – Committee members manage the business of the Unit, which includes selecting, appointing, supervising, and removing Stewards as well as electing the Unit Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Clerk from the membership of the Executive Committee.
- Unit Chair – Conducts all business of the Unit, which includes being a member of the Bargaining Team; presiding at meetings of the Executive Committee and Bargaining Team, appointing Committees; serving as an ex-officio member on all Committees and of the Master Bargaining Team. Fills all vacancies in elected positions with the approval of the Executive Committee;
- Unit Vice Chair – Assists the Chairperson and assumes the duties of the Chairperson in the absence or inability of the Chairperson to perform the duties of the office;
- Unit Clerk – Maintains a written record of all meetings of the Unit and the Executive Committee;
- Unit Treasurer – Responsible for the custody of all funds; and shall keep an accurate account of all receipt and disbursement approved by the Chairperson and the Executive Committee;
- Bargaining Team Members (1 per Facility, 1 per P&P Geographic Region*) – Be part of the team negotiating the terms and conditions of the contracts that determine employees’ wages, benefits, and working conditions; and
- Stewards – Be one of many charged with representing and defending the interests of their fellow employees. Per the DOC contract, up to 40 stewards can be selected to represent their Unit colleagues.
- Nomination Period – Today to October 12
- Membership Votes – October 12 to October 31
- Winners Announced – November 1
*NE Region P&Ps – Barre, St. Johnsbury, Newport, Morrisville
*SE Region P&Ps – Brattleboro, Springfield, Hartford *NW Region P&Ps – Burlington, St. Alban
*SW Region P&Ps – Bennington, Rutland
Interested In Running For A VSEA Corrections Bargaining Unit Position?